United Association of Union Plumbers and Pipefitters (UA) General President Mark McManus Named to Maryland Coronavirus Recovery Team
McManus appointed by Governor Hogan; joins medical, business, and industry leaders.
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Maryland Governor Larry Hogan appointed Mark McManus, General President of the United Association of Union Plumbers and Pipefitters (UA), to his newly-formed Coronavirus Recovery Team on Friday. The task force will advise the Governor on the necessary steps to restart Maryland’s economy and reopen businesses across the state.
“I’m humbled to join the Coronavirus Recovery Team on behalf of the more than 359,000 UA members across the nation as we work to safely bring our lives back to normal. Governor Hogan’s leadership and vision throughout this crisis has saved lives and will continue to keep Marylanders safe,” said McManus. “UA members are no stranger to this fight: they bravely go to work every day in the face of this pandemic to make sure our essential services continue to function. As we look to the future here in Maryland, I’m confident this task force will follow the UA’s lead and put the safety and security of our families first.”
The Coronavirus Recovery Team will assist the Governor in implementing the state’s “three-phase” approach to recovery, opening low-risk businesses first before safely moving to the next phase. Also joining General President McManus on the Coronavirus Recovery Team at this time, in addition to the already-established Coronavirus Response Team, are:
- Augie Chiasera, President, M&T Bank's Baltimore and Chesapeake regions
- Jim Davis, Chairman and Co-Founder at Allegis Group
- Robert Doar, President of the American Enterprise Institute
- Kevin Plank, Founder and Executive Chairman of Under Armour
- Arne Sorenson, President and CEO of Marriott International
- Dr. Tom Inglesby, Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
- Dr. David Marcozzi, Assistant Chief Medical Officer for Acute Care at the University of Maryland Medical System